NinjaTrader 7 BWT Precision AutoTrader re-write
For all queries about the BlueWaveTrading NinjaTrader Algorithmic Trading Systems please contact BlueWaveTrading directly at http://www.bluewavetrading.com Randy will be delighted to assist.
Please note For Traders wishing to use the proprietary evolved trend trading algorithm indicator implemented by MicroTrends as used in the BWT project prior this is now only offered in an evolved form as part of a complete Futures day trading system via our authorized distributor www.algofuturestrader.com
MicroTrends was commissioned in 2013 by Bluewave Trading to fix the overfills and some other problems left by other listed professional NinjaTrader developers. The system had been worked on a catalog of other developers and the code base was unreadable and unmanageable and written using the default NinjaTrader convenience layer – meaning that the system could error and halt based on a overfill.
Over fills are a potentially dangerous issue that can occur when using complex entry conditions that bracket the market in both directions end up with both entries being filled instead of one being cancelled. By default, NinjaTrader will protect against overfills by halting the strategy, which is not desirable as the strategy closes all positions as a market order with slippage, and deletes the strategy from the chart losing control of the strategy.
There was no choice but to re-write the system using a new layer/engine underneath the original code based using NinjaTrader Professional Unmanaged Mode. The Unmanaged approach is reserved for VERY EXPERIENCED programmers. In place of the convenience layer that the Managed approach offered, the Unmanaged approach instead offers ultimate flexibility in terms of order submission and management.
To save time and many months of development on top, the quickest route was to clone the MTDS7 trade engine technology, and use a subset of the functionality, and then evolve and shape it it to work solely for the BWT precision autotrader providing the MicroTrends signature unrivalled features, reliability and execution speed, and avoidance of execution errors and Overfills. The actual first version took 3months of solid coding was only an error free strategy that ran all the time and the user had no control over it but it was a massive step forwards for BWT and clients – providing them an error free ,fault tolerant system for NinjaTrader 7
In February 2014 BlueWave was so pleased with the outcome and also loved the MTDS7 Strategy Framework with the NinjaBuddy UI system we had and so we partnered up and merged in our MTDS7 NinjaBuddy, realtime interactive controls, realtime settings and trading user interface features, order indicators, profit and loss info bar visualizations and indicators, including an advanced trade workflow safety engine that avoids trade related errors.
The outcome of the project is that BWT Precision Autotrader code base is now professionally written with advanced coding techniques proprietary to MicroTrends, licensed to BWT, allowing traders to trade with confidence avoiding and resolving overfills, entry and exit order errors and other potentially dangerous automated trade scenarios.
The development project lasted over 18months full coding and testing support to the end of 2015, the project from 2014 then structured as partnership until 2016 where by BWT now sells and supports all of the system and it is rated by traders and his partners as one of the best coded automated trading systems of all time – being a user friendly merging of Randy Sarrows trading design and approach powered by MicroTrends Trade engine and trade management UI & algorithmic frameworks.
Blue Wave Trading Development Testimonial
One key feature of the BWT Precision Autotrader is that it is Professionally Coded 100% in NT unmanaged mode. The official NinjaTrader Documentation states:” The Unmanaged approach is reserved for VERY EXPERIENCED programmers. ….In place of the convenience layer that the Managed approach offered, the Unmanaged approach instead offers ultimate flexibility in terms of order submission and management…..
Writing code in unmanaged mode requires extra time and effort and requires a significantly higher coding skill set, that most NinjaScript listed professional Developers simply do not have… I say this with complete confidence because at one time or another over the last 8 years, I have personally worked with almost all of them!
As a trader I was seeking the absolute highest quality for BWT software – not one programmer I worked with could deliver a strategy that did not have overfills, errors and annoying bugs… that was until 2014 when BWT partnered with Tom Leeson at MicroTrends… the ONLY NinjaScript developer I’ve ever known that really “get’s it” and likely THE most experienced trading system programmer in the NinjaTrader niche, having worked for professional prop shops and hedge funds in London’s Financial District for many years. That is why the BWT Automated Trading System will work in real money live environment, fast markets etc. with No Overfills, no Order Entry or Exit Errors, True Limit and Stop entry or exit, no time out system crashes …
Randy Sarrow – BlueWave Trading 2015
To dispel some myths and queries we often receive about this product:
Please note this product is alive and well, In 2016 BlueWaveTrading’s CEO Randy Sarrow saw fit to take over the open source of the project due to a difference of opinion over MicroTrends terms and our immersion and lack of availability due to hedge fund trading in 2015 onwards and so inadverntly cut out the MicroTrends involvement and any future payment for the agreed technology license share and took over all aspects, against our MNDA and agreement in place without our consent or knowledge. The code was shared for disaster contingency/insurance so that the product would live in case of the demise of MicroTrends or its developer.
- Please note this product is sold and supported direct without our license share for the agreed technology base and framework, excepting the removal/discontinuation of the Fib Grid the algorithm used by MicroTrends for the BWT Precision Trend indicator and as similarly used by the Woodies projects for the ATR Trailing Trend indicators
- Please note In addition the Precision Trend algorithm used now by BlueWaveTrading is not our white-label provided to BlueWaveTrading as used on the above project, it is different based on some other similar implementation…but not our algorithm which we were careful to keep that secret, although our strategy framework was exposed to other developers against our wishes however, this is substantially out of date and lesser powered then the engines we created to power other product and white labels for other vendors for NT7 and NT8 – for all other NinjaTrader technology created and supplied by MicroTrends please visit our authorized distributors ww.algofuturestrader.com
- MicroTrends wished BlueWaveTrading the very best in the their future trading products and their trading endeavors & goals. MicroTrends were happy to make a difference for all concerned. To take a legacy product with great potential and make it live past all expectations. Simply all we did was to inject and merge in our NinjaTrader strategy algorithmic trading experience, technology and concepts jointly with Randy, whom has a very keen “clean eye” for what makes life easier for a trader graphically and in terms of features – jointly the end sum was the best user friendly, retail trading product for NinjaTrader 7. This was a very synergistic project with the best outcome for the vendor and the trades who use it. We were proud as the official development partner and lead the product into the shape and form it has enjoyed by all.
- How to buy? You must order this product from Randy and get his support and attention correctly. We will not provide the product and no longer have it or the source codes – to provide full control and concerns to BWT in all regards.
- NinjaTrader 8. As amazing as it would be, we have no availability or plans to be working with Randy Sarrow at BlueWaveTrading in the future or offering a NinjaTrader 8 version – which we will be delighted to hear in he future if it ever is developed, has enjoyed the accolades of the NinjaTrader 7 versions. For all support,sales of the BlueWaveTrading systems please visit http://www.bluewavetrading.com